Saturday, May 26, 2012

sculpture in progress

Excited that I finally have some energy to put into sculpting! The armature is the hardest part for me- although it's easy to find the materials and work with wire, I really have to plan out proportions and double check things a lot - especially the legs. Then the fun part-- slapping the clay on. Although this time I got a giant bag of self-hardening clay, which does crack if it dries too fast. That's another problem but. Yeah. I'll see what happens..
I had a fun experience in OSH trying to explain what I needed- they didn't know what an armature was. And I didn't know any tool jargon. So I ended up drawing a diagram, and they found me some stuff, but in the end I found the things myself. hahah. Still don't even know what they're called.


Reference photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment